Keto Carrot Cake Waffles

 When I came up with these wonderful waffles I was actually halfway to choosing a much less healthy, totally non keto muffin for breakfast. My oh so sweet friend stopped by to chat and just happened to leave behind two of the most gigantic, moist and fluffy muffins that were completely covered in delicious buttery crumble. I decided she could leave them because my daughter absolutely loves blueberry muffins but the longer they sat on the coffee table, the more I could hear them literally screaming to me. The first thing I did was make a pot of coffee to cover the smell and then set about to make some blueberry waffles to combat the craving.

I gathered my dry ingredients and threw open the fridge door only to discover that my daughter had eaten every single blueberry.  Since I was already completely stuck on the idea of something sweet for breakfast I scoured the refrigerator and came across cream cheese and decided on a sweet frosting. From there I kept adding until I developed the carrot cake waffle. They have all the ingredients that give carrot cake its classic flavor (minus the sugar bomb of raisins) but also have protein, healthy fats and very few carbs.

Don't bother leaving the frosting off unless you absolutely hate delicious cream cheese frosting. The nutritional information below reflects the 1 large waffle (all four pieces) and the frosting only contributes 1 carb to to the dish. Indulge in frosting for breakfast, you deserve it.

Yield: 4

Carrot Cake Waffles

A sweet version of my classic keto waffles with a sweet cream cheese frosting
prep time: 5 minscook time: 10 minstotal time: 15 mins

ingredients:

4 tbsp coconut flour
4 eggs 
4 oz (half a block) of cream cheese 
2 tbsp goldenflax meal (or oatbran) *optional 
1 tbsp of erythritol 
1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil 
2 tsp baking powder 
1/2  of one carrot, gratted 
2 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp ginger 
1/2 tsp nutmeg 
4 tbsp of pecans (optional) 

Icing 
4 tbsp cream cheese 
1 tbsp powdered erythritol (or sweetener of choice) 
1 tbsp of butter 
1 tsp vanilla extract 

Instructions

Directions
  1. Mix all of the waffle ingredients in either a jar large enough for a stick blender or in your blender and blitz until fully combine. Mixture should be a little thinner than traditional pancake or waffle batter. You can add a few splashes of unsweetened nondairy milk to thin your waffles. 
  2. For crispier waffles spray your waffle iron between each waffle. 
  3. Ladle a small amount of waffle batter in and close the lid. Cook until your waffle maker's light goes off or until you see steam stop coming out of the waffle maker, whichever comes first. 
For the icing
  1. For the frosting beat the cream cheese, butter , vanilla and confectioners sugar substitute with a whisk until just combined. I pipped mine with a rose tip but you can always just put a dollop in the middle of your waffles with a spoon.

NOTES:

Make sure your waffles have cooled a bit before adding the frosting or it will melt into a glaze - unless glaze is your kind of thing, then put the icing on immediately.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Kalm Keto. Designed by OddThemes