Ultimate Flour Free Low Carb Brownies

Cake is great, cake is wonderful, I have many great things to say about the fluffy light yet moist texture of cake and yet none of those qualities should come within a country mile of a brownie. I'm team fudgey brownie all the way and these are exactly that, a tad bit chewy, rich and chocolaty.  The key to these brownies is in the ingredients. Make sure you're using a  good rich cocoa (I use a dutch processed cocoa which is why they are so dark brown and rich in chocolate flavor). You also must use a granular sugar substitute, it is vital for the texture. Erythritol is king here but xylitol, allulose ( a granulated raw sugar, Truvia and swerve (which are erythritol based) also work here. 



For a great twist try adding unsweetened chocolate chips (I like Lilly's and Hershey's and some chopped toasted hazelnuts.  The flavor profile reminds me of the sinfully delicious, super unhealthy chocolate spread of my high carb days. 







Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Kalm Keto. Designed by OddThemes